- 230 grams (1 3/4 cups) self raising flour
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) granulated white sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large free range eggs, lightly beaten
- 113 grams (1/2 cup) melted unsalted butter
- 3 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp Nutella, at room temp
Pre-heat your oven to 180C or 350F. Line your muffin tins with paper liners, or use silicone trays.In one bowl combine your flour, sugar & salt. In another combine your eggs, butter, mashed bananas & vanilla.
Tip one into the other and gently fold together.
You want your batter to be thoroughly mixed, but still lumpy and utterly hideous. (A smooth batter makes horrible banana bread, trust me.)
Divide your mixture between your cases, each one should be just about half full.
Take a teaspoon of slightly warm Nutella and pop a blob (technical term) onto the centre of each muffin. Use a cocktail stick or skewer to swirl the Nutella into the muffin without turning the whole thing chocolatey.